Students seeking admission to Our Lady of Lourdes School of Nursing must apply to BOTH Camden County College and Our Lady of Lourdes School of Nursing. All applicants are examined based on the admission requirements for Our Lady of Lourdes School of Nursing below.
Per New Jersey Board of Nursing N. J. A. C. 13:37-1.8 "Before an individual is admitted to a nursing education program, the program shall inform the individual that a criminal history background check is a prerequisite for licensure as a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse."
When to Apply
All prospective applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they meet the application requirements listed below. A grade lower than "C" is not accepted for Our Lady of Lourdes School of Nursing required courses. (See curriculum plan)
General Admission Requirements
- Graduation and official transcript from an approved USA high school or Government Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Applicants coming from another nursing program must submit at least one (1) letter from that nursing program; the letter must be sent directly from the former nursing program to the School of Nursing. Recommended but not required: two letters of recommendation from recent instructors or employers. These letters must be signed originals and on official school or company stationery to be acceptable.
- Successful completion of College Placement Test administered by Camden County College.
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5 at the college most recently attended based on at least 3 three credit academic courses.
- General education courses are transferable according to the policy established by Camden County College. Students with college credits for transfer must submit an official transcript(s) to Camden County College and the School of Nursing. Only courses evaluated by and transferred into Camden County College will be recognized by the School of Nursing. Nursing courses with a clinical component are not transferable. It is the student's responsibility to see that credits are transferred.
- All students are expected to possess a working knowledge of computer applications, which will permit/support production of a word-processed document and the ability to locate and retrieve information from Internet sources..
- Beginning November 1, 2023, the ATI TEAS test will not be required as part of the application process for Our Lady of Lourdes School of Nursing.
International students and U.S. permanent residents must also meet these additional requirements:
- World Education Service evaluation of high school and college transcripts earned abroad for USA educational equivalency.
- TOEFL IBT EXAM is required for applicants who did not graduate from a U.S. High School following a 4 year attendance. Required scores per section: Reading (R): 18, Listening (L): 17, Speaking (SPE): 19, Writing (W): 19. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) cannot be more than 2 years old.
Camden County College provides the general education courses. The School of Nursing offers all of the nursing and related courses, as well as the clinical practice. This provides 77 credits for the student to earn an Associate Degree in Science from Camden County College and a Diploma in Nursing from Our Lady of Lourdes School of Nursing. Graduates of the cooperative program are eligible to take the professional licensing exam (NCLEX-RN.)
For further information or questions please contact the coordinator from either Camden County College or Our Lady of Lourdes School of Nursing:
|Camden County College
Director of Nursing Programs
Fathia Richardson Ed.D. MSN, RN
(856) 227-7200 Ext. 4804
Camden County College
Our Lady of Lourdes School of Nursing
Coordinator of Enrollment Services
Our Lady of Lourdes School of Nursing
1 Medical Center Drive, RMB Suite 3700
Stratford, NJ 08084