Program Outcome & Mission
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Our Lady of Lourdes School of Nursing graduates competent novice nurses who:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of clinical decision making by comparing observed outcomes against expected outcomes and modify solutions as needed.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a patient-centered plan of care, and modify as needed, for patients across the lifespan.
- Collaborate with members of the interprofessional health care team when caring for patients across the lifespan.
- Integrate evidence-based practice when managing care for patients across the lifespan.
- Demonstrate effective use of risk reduction and quality improvement strategies to optimize patient outcomes.
- Utilize electronic resources and technology to communicate relevant patient information, mitigate errors, and support decision making for diverse groups of patients across the lifespan.
- Integrate leadership and management skills when organizing care for individuals and groups with complex needs across the lifespan.
- Assimilate integrity and accountability into nursing practice that upholds established regulatory, legal, and ethical principles.
As a subsidiary of Virtua Health, Our Lady of Lourdes School of Nursing is here for good. We believe in the capability and power of education to change lives. We are united in an enduring commitment to educate future generations of nurses who will create positive change in the communities, they will serve. Our Lady of Lourdes School of Nursing is an educational program dedicated to providing a learner-centered environment that develops competent, compassionate and knowledgeable professional nurses for entry into practice. We strive to provide the support, knowledge and critical skills to meet this goal.
- We strive for excellence in providing evidence-based education for our students.
- We commit to educating all populations of students to increase diversity in the nursing workforce.
- We create learning opportunities through collaborative relationships that foster quality, safe, patient-centered care.
- We promote life-long learning and professional development in our graduates.
- We support student involvement in outreach endeavors to meet the healthcare needs of the surrounding communities.
Reviewed: 1/3/2005; 8/15/2008; 6/30/2009; 6/2010, 12/21/18